Sunday, October 11, 2009

Back in Melbourne

It's been a very long time since I've updated this site...things have changed. Damien, Jax and Oliver have moved to Preston Victoria, a suburb of Melbourne.


So the weekend Nana visits have ended...


I helped them shift, taking a few days off work to drive up with Oliver and Jacki in my car, Damien close by in the hire truck with Slim dog. Many friends in Melbourne welcomed Damien's family, providing temporary shelter and storage. When I left, Oliver was too busy making new friends to say goodbye to Nana.

I grabbed a room for the night, then drove back to Adelaide the next day and cried all the way home (it was raining and grey, the perfect setting for self pity...).

Although the initial reason for them moving back to Melbourne was for better work prospects, Damien has since been encouraged to complete a PHD...and it looks to be the popular choice.

After a few weeks, I returned for a visit and a million hugs from Oliver. We visited the Preston Markets, the local library, and had a great play in the back yard with Slim dog chasing the ball.
Oliver is growing into a beautiful young man with a great smile.


I'm counting on Damien and Jax to keep me updated with photos and significant milestones.


This is one cool little dude.

No comments: